Conducting a job search while still in school can be difficult to manage, and yet this is a critical success factor for young professionals. Working with a GCC coach not only gives job seekers custom career advice and the latest in job search practices, but it applies a necessary timeframe and action plan to what can be an overwhelming process during a busy last semester of school.
A set, weekly call is established and after an initial consultation GCC's Seniors will receive a custom job search plan to be followed throughout the engagement. Each client's resume will be fully reviewed as well as all business communications such as cover letters and thank you notes. Clients will have full online and phone support when on this plan in the event an important opportunity arises between appointments and advice is needed. Each weekly call will also cover specific, critical job search topics such as:
- Narrowing down and targeting opportunities
- Developing an elevator pitch and a personal marketing campaign
- Honing interviewing skills for phone, on-campus and in-house opportunities
- Strategic networking with personal, campus, alumni and other contacts
- Establishing a professional online presence and utilizing the social media channels such as LinkedIn
- Pulling together an interview-ready credentials file
- Conducting effective informational interviews and company research
- Identifying opportunities on-campus to expand your job search network
- Considering graduate school options
The monthly fee for this service is $600.